If you’ve had a static caravan for a long time or are a first-time buyer. Maintenance is essential to ensure that your static caravan lasts for many years. We’ve put together some static caravan maintenance guidelines to help you stay on top of things and to point you in the right direction when it’s time to call in the pros, like us at KC Caravans.
Maintenance Of Your Static Caravan
Maintaining a static caravan is easier than you might think, and if you do so, you will enjoy many years of wonderful vacations and getaways. You will be able to repair any difficulties with your caravan by keeping a watch on the essential pieces before they become big problems if you keep a watch on them.
– Gutters and Roof: Keep them clear of debris over the winter. Any accumulation of water might lead to leaks and, as a result, moist spots inside.
– Outside Panels- This is a standard maintenance item; clean the outside on a regular basis to notice any potential problems.
– Corrosion of the chassis- Check for rust on a regular basis and treat it as soon as feasible if it appears. Remember that many caravans are located near the sea and are more susceptible to rust and corrosion than caravans on other sites.
– Damp – This might seem counterintuitive, but it works! During the Winter, Autumn, and Spring months, leave your curtains open when you are not in the caravan to allow the caravan to breathe. Place huge bowls of salt around the caravan to absorb any moisture in the air and on the furniture.
– Gas and Electrical Appliances- Have any appliances, such as boilers, kettles, and refrigerators, examined on a regular basis and ensure that they are turned off when you are not at the static trailer. These are all typical criteria if you are renting out your caravan. As a result, staying on top of them is critical.
– Water- Checking water pipes, especially before colder months is important. When you’re not at your caravan ensure the water is turned off, in the winter if your pipes should freeze this will allow you to combat the chances of a flood.
Contact Your Local Caravan Specialist
Now these points are just some of the major maintenance points and should you not be sure if you can handle the repair. Contact your local caravan specialist. We have a lot of experience with static caravan repairs throughout Cornwall and beyond at KC Caravans. Our knowledgeable staff can guide you through the procedure and provide you with the finest recommendations for your static caravan.
Static Caravan Repairs Cornwall
For Static caravan repairs in Cornwall, KC Caravans offer static caravan repairs Devon, Somerset, and all surrounding areas. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we have all the necessary expertise for the job. Furthermore, our expert team ensure to meet all our customer’s requirements 100% of the time, to ensure full customer satisfaction. Contact us today for help with your static caravan.